BHS communities recognized in US News and World Report’s ‘Best Nursing Homes’
Fifteen senior care communities in the Benedictine Health System, a leading faith-based provider of quality senior care and living services in the Midwest, received the top high performing recognition in overall quality in the nursing home category and/or in the new category of overall quality of short-stay rehabilitation, as noted in the recently released 2018-2019 U.S. News and World Report “Best Nursing Homes” report.
More than 15,000 nursing homes across the country were evaluated and received one of five Overall Quality ratings – High Performing, Better than Average, Average, Worse than Average, or Poor. New this year, those with sufficient relevant volume also received one of three Short-Stay Rehabilitation Overall Quality ratings – High Performing, Average, or Below Average. The ratings are based on U. S. News and World Report’s own in-depth analysis of data from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including data not factored into CMS’s star ratings.
BHS communities on the list of Best Nursing Homes for receiving the top honor of “high performing” in the overall quality nursing home category are:
* Prince of Peace Care Center, Ellendale, N.D.
* Regina Senior Living, Hastings, Minn. (received both recognitions)
* Saint Anne Extended Care, Saint Anne of Winona, Minn.
BHS communities on the list of Best Nursing Homes for receiving the top honor of “high performing” in the overall quality short-stay rehabilitation category are:
* Benedictine Health Center at Innsbruck, New Brighton, Minn.
* Benedictine Living Community of St. Peter, Minn.
* Benedictine Manor, Benedictine Living Community of La Crosse, Wis.
* Benedictine Manor, Benedictine Living Community of Wausau, Wis.
* Cerenity Care Center – Marian of St. Paul, Minn.
* Cerenity Care Center – White Bear Lake, Minn.
* Cerenity Residence – Humboldt, St. Paul, Minn.
* Clement Manor, Greenfield, Wis.
* Regina Senior Living, Hastings, Minn.(received both recognitions)
* St. Benedict’s Health Center, Dickinson, N.D.
* St. Gabriel’s Community, Bismarck, N.D.
* St. Mary’s Care Center, Winsted, Minn.
* St. Michael’s Health & Rehabilitation Center, Virginia, Minn.
“These BHS communities have acted to improve the quality of the care and services they provide. These results were achieved though high intention, diligent effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution,” said Jeri Reinhardt, RN, BHS vice president of clinical services and performance excellence.
“Congratulations and thank you to the administrators and staff at these communities for their hard work and dedication in providing quality compassionate care to those they serve daily,” said Jerry Carley, BHS president/CEO. “The excitement and commitment to quality care for our residents and guests is striking and I look forward to our continued journey on BHS’ path to excellence.”